Rigo Lopez's Bio
Rigo joined FCA in September 2006. He is an Area Representative overseeing territory from the South Bay, Peninsula and San Francisco. He also serves as a Spanish Chaplain to the San Francisco Giants. Prior to coming on staff, Rigo was an assistant baseball coach at the University of San Francisco. He was part of the school’s first ever NCAA Regional team in 2006. He also played baseball at USF where he was an all-conference catcher, and graduated with a B.A. in Psychology. After graduation, Rigo played pro ball for a year. Rigo comes from an extensive baseball background. His father played pro baseball in Mexico and Rigo and his three brothers all played college baseball. His youngest brother Esteban played professionally and is currently coaching in the Los Angeles Dodgers farm system. Rigo’s passion for ministry comes from the seeds of faith planted in him as a young kid. His dad played a key role in his life in telling Rigo about Jesus. His dad was instrumental in planting churches, overseeing mission trips and supporting orphanages in Mexico.
Rigo and his beautiful wife Vicky were married in October 2010 and their daughter Daisy was born in November 2012.
· Mexican- love my mom’s homemade tortillas and beans.
· Wife’s homemade food. She can make something taste so good out of nothing. She is so creative with her dining though that I don’t know if I’ll ever have the same meal twice.
· Sushi. First date with my wife included some great conversation, raw fish and rice.
Favorite Sports Moments:
· Childhood: Watching Kirk Gibson’s homerun off the great closer Dennis Eckersley and limp around the bases to win Game 1 of the 1988 World Series.
· High School: My junior year our team (Globe High School Tigers) won the Arizona 3A Baseball State Championship on a walk off Grand Slam. Amazing come from behind victory in the bottom of the 7th to win 9-8!
· College: Being an assistant coach on the University of San Francisco Dons first ever NCAA postseason in 2006. Our team knocked out Regional host and #8 National Seed University of Nebraska Cornhuskers.
· Now: Seeing athletes at any level compete to honor and glorify God.
Favorite TV Shows:
· When I get around to watching TV, my wife and I enjoy watching “Chopped” on the Food Network. Also enjoy ESPN, Baseball Tonight and MLB Network.
Posted on Tue, September 18, 2012
by Rigo Lopez